Frozen and Refrigerated: How do you ship them?Updated 7 months ago
Selling Frozen and Refrigerated product can be very lucrative as long as you set expectations and price shipments properly.
Here's what you should know when it comes to how Frozen and Refrigerated products are shipped:
1. They are shipped an an Expanded Polystyrene Insulated Shipper.
2. For every 1 pound of product, we include 2 pounds of dry ice*
3. The shipper is shrink-wrapped in polyethylene.
4. Depending on the size of the box and the carrier used, the shipper is packaged in a 14 x 14 x14 carton, 16 x 16 x 16 carton or, if shipped via USPS without a carton. The carton does not prolong the life of the shipment. Instead, it is used to comply with UPS rules to avoid additional surcharges.
*Depending on the destination some or all of the dry ice may sublimate when it is delivered.
1. Refrigerated products are packed similarly to Frozen, except we use ice packs.